Get ready to paddle, teams! We're excited to welcome you back to Harrison.
The Festival is organized in partnership between the Canadian International Dragon Boat Festival Society (dba Dragon Boat BC), and the Fraser Valley Paddling Club.
Race Information and Instructions/Race Grid
- Teams will be allowed to bring and set up their tents in the designated Paddler’s Village only on Friday, July 21 between 3pm-5pm, or Saturday morning starting at 7am.
- Teams are not permitted to set-up their tent on the grass/outside the Paddler’s Village unless there are specific reasons required to do so. If this is the case please check-in at HQ before setting up your tent.
- Please note tent spaces will be roughly indicated, but fencing and flagging tape will not be place. Please follow instructions from on-site crews.
- Teams are responsible for making sure tents are secured with their own weights or sandbags.
- Liquor consumption, BBQ’s, open fires, and commercial activity is strictly prohibited without permission from the Festival
- Teams can pick up racer wristbands on Friday, July 21 between 3pm and 5pm, or Saturday, July 22 starting at 7am.
- Reminders that waivers and rosters are all completed online at register.dragonboatbc.ca. Please send out waivers to your team now.
- Rosters are due electronically by July 17. Paper waivers and rosters are not accepted.
- The mandatory captain/steersperson meeting will be held at 8:00 AM at the finish line tent. Each team must send their captain or administrator plus steersperson to the meeting.
- Race grid draft 1 is located on this site above. Please let us know if there are any issues. We have received a number of last minute change requests, and we request that teams remember in the future to put your change requests in as early as possible.
- Due to last minute team adjustments, we apologize that the race program is being slightly adjusted to run as a 3X500M event for 2023.
- Water - Harrison has installed a water bottle refill station on the side of the new washroom facility by Racer Village (click here for exact location). As a result, bottled water will not be available any more from the Festival. Please remember to bring your own reusable water bottle to reduce our event's impact on the environment.
- Medals will be presented after each division's final race for gold, silver, and bronze in the plaza. Please ask our volunteers for directions if you require assistance.
- We are pleased to once again support the local Agassiz-Harrison Community Services Food Bank. We will have a canoe on-site to accept food donations, and will also accept cash donations at our HQ tent. Please help us make a difference for the community!
- Click here for directions to racer overflow parking.